Hello all, my big boy 波子 was neutered, at first, there was some problems with his recovery, therefore, he had the collar on for about 20 days. During these 20 days, 波子 has no problem eating, drinking, just not able to clean himself too well, but health wise, 波子 was okay.

The vet. checked him and asked to remove the collar, which I did, but then, 波子 appetite seems to change. He is no longer eating Timothy hay, but when I feed him a little Alfalfa hay, he will eat them. I tried to leave the Timothy hay for him a long period of time, but he would only eat very little. Also, I noticed that the pellets food are not finished by 波子 any more. He is not eating as much as before.

I am worried that his weight will drop, and not enough hay to assist on his digestion. Any ideas?

NOTE: I know Chinese, but cannot type, it is okay to reply in Chinese, thank you very much.

[ 本帖最後由 湯丸 於 2009-5-3 01:45 AM 編輯 ]
wesky 2009-5-1 12:54:10 PM
持續左幾耐了??
不如試下俾d 菜佢增進下佢既食慾
hh0 2009-5-1 04:39:33 PM
波子媽一定好擔心啦
試下俾菜, 就算唔飲水肯食菜就好D
已經埋左傷口未, 甘多日應該唔太關手術事
cordero 2009-5-1 06:47:04 PM
有無草粉?必要時要餵.....
不如叫波子媽打電話去香港d vet度問問.....尤其可以等betty開返打去問...
或者打去兔協問....
湯丸 2009-5-1 07:31:43 PM
To Evan:
A few days, 波子 is eating "ak Cho" fresh vegetable, he eats them, but not willing to eat Timothy hay lor

To hh0:
I don't understand why this happens after the collar was removed, he is eating fresh vegetable okay, he likes them; and yes, he is drinking less water

To cordero:
I will contact vet. here in Canada too.

Thank you all!!!!
湯丸 2009-5-2 12:52:15 PM

Latest....

Hi all, 波子 would not eat the Timothy hay any more :050: and the food pallets, he is eating a very small amount. I tried a different brand of Timothy hay, and he would not eat. I asked a friend, and she suggested me to try "botanical hay," does anyone know what that is?

波子 only eats small amount of  "bak choi" and he loves to eat alfalfa hay (this is like the only food he likes,) but I know alfalfa is not good for him (almost 8 months old) I tried to put a few pieces of alfalfa hay in a pile of timothy hay, but he would be smart enough to pick the alfalfa hay out :056:

I called 24/7 vet, waiting to call back, and tomorrow, I will bring him to the hospital too. In the meantime, any suggestions?

Thank you all again ^^
wesky 2009-5-2 01:02:50 PM
不如俾住 Alfafa 草佢食住先,  至緊要佢肯食野
七個月到一歲大, 都仲係轉草既過渡期,  一歲之後就真係要轉晒 Timonthy
湯丸 2009-5-2 08:34:50 PM
Thanks Wesky. But, 波子 stopped eating Alfalfa hay too la :050: I am taking him to the vet. right now, wish me luck.
wesky 2009-5-2 09:14:28 PM
希望波子無事啦
hh0 2009-5-2 11:49:56 PM
botanical hay actually is timothy + herbs + flowers
my bunnies love it but more expensive than pure timothy
we feed as snack only

Best wishes to  波子!!!
Vinkivan 2009-5-3 12:04:21 AM
波子睇咗醫生喇~ 醫生話佢腸胃唔消化所以唔食嘢, 依家開咗藥同草粉俾佢, 同埋醫生話要迫佢食嘢, 唉~ 真係擔心死我喇~ 希望波子快啲好返啦~!!!!
cordero 2009-5-3 12:21:06 AM
波子加油呀~
wesky 2009-5-3 12:22:06 AM
無事既,  波子快D 食返野啊
湯丸 2009-5-3 01:08:31 AM
波子 is back from the hospital. As 波子 mom said, we need to "force feed" 波子 in the next few days. The vet. prescribed medication do help him digest. One of his ear is infected as well :050: but the priority right now is for him to eat, so we will take care of the ear infection after. Follow up check on Thursday next week.

Everyone please wishes 波子 okay la, I will keep an eye on 波子 over the weekend 24/7.

Thanks for everyone's kind words

Add oil 波子 ^^
兔仔怡v3v 2009-5-3 02:14:16 AM
波子你要聽爸爸講食藥藥呀!!!
好快就會好返嫁喇:014:

快速發帖

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 登記成為會員

湯丸

用戶組: 初級會員

帖子: 126|積分: 152

廣告查詢|聯繫我們|Archiver|手機版|PetKD 寵物網

GMT+8, 2024-6-8 01:28 PM

Copyright © 2019 PetKD 寵物網 保留所有權利 - Powered by Discuz!

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,Petkd.net討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。Petkd.net討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言 (刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知 ),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。
回頂部